Quarantine Daydream Day 1: Closing Time

Hey all,

Rather than bore you 'bout all my feels during this reverse-Home Alone, I'll just make an ongoing playlist supreme of super deluxe tunes to guide you through the wilderness; I'm rocking this black floral kimono robe with fluttery black lace half sleeves for the second day in a row, and am clearly feeling extra right now.

I'll be posting a song for each day of quarantine, with fitting lyrics and songs that feel like home.  Each link to the song selected will send you to a Youtube list linked to the master playlist.  Rinse and repeat daily for maximum results.  Think of it as your motivation or reward for taking off your pajamas to shower and put on new pajamas.

Related/Unrelated/Sidebar: I don't know about you guys, but as someone who was quarantined before Official Quarantine makes me think of one thing: that Invincibility Feather from Super Mario World that we all played on Super Nintendo.  You were invincible until you weren't.  Spirited and shining and running and ducking until your not.  From bulletproof, to falling from the sky, then shrinking into holes and pipes of mazes and infinite nothingness.  Being out of mushrooms and signing your name in heaven clouds as high score.  I never realized Nintendo would ever be so poignant, y'all.  I don't know about you, but I'm hooking mine up today.  If you're feeling super nostalgic, feel free raid your parents' garage for that old Skipbo, the game that tripped you and left you with a broken ankle for failing.  Nineties supreme.


Similarly, Quarantine Daydream song one will make you nostalgic for your locker combination and the gift that was radio in the 90's:





Quarantine Daydream the Playlist:
Day One: Semisonic - Closing Time

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Day Three - The xx - On Hold

Day Four: Alt-J - Lovely Day (cover/mix)

Quarantine Daydream Day Two: Black Out Days